If you're embarking on a development project, you'll need to consider your obligations under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 and gain relevant consent from any adjoining neighbours. You will need to have a Party Wall Award agreed before  works can progress. It's a good idea to put this in place sooner rather than later. The process can be very straight forward, but in some instances it can take time to achieve an agreement, which could cause a delay to your work commencing. 

At Brittain Hadley, our specialist team can advise you on where work falls within the scope of the Act and facilitate the entire process, from serving relevant notices to providing full Party Wall Awards and a final inspection.